The following expenditures relating to plant assets were made by Prather Company during the first 2 months of 2019.
Benedict Company incurred the following costs.
On March 1, 2019, Westmorian Company acquired real estate on which it planned to construct a small office buildings. The company paid $75,000 in cash. An old warehouse on the property was razed at a cost of $8,6000; the salvaged materials were sold for $1,700. Additional expenditures before construction began included $1,100 attorney's fee for work concerning the land purchase, $5,000 real estate broker's fee, $7,800 architect's fee, and $14,000 to put in driveways and a parking lot.
Tom Parkey has prepared the following list of statements about depreciation.
Yello Bus lines uses the units-of-activity method in depreciating its buses. One bus was purchased on January 1, 2019, at a cost of $148,000. Over its 4-year useful life, the bus in expected to be driven 100,000 miles. Salvage value is expected to be $8,000.
Rottino Company purchased a new machine on October 1, 2019, at a cost of $150,000. The company estimated that the machine will have a salvage value of $12,000. The machine is expencted to be used for 10,000 working hours during its 5-year indicated.
Linton Company purchased a delivery truck for $34,000 on January 1, 2019. The truck has an expected salvage value of $2,000, and s expected to be driven 100,000 miles over its estimated useful life of 8 years. Actual miles driven were 15,000 in 2019 and 12,000 in 2019.
Terry Wade, the new controller of Hellickson Company, has reviewed the expected useful lives and salvage values of selected depreciable assets at the beginning of 2019. His findings as as follows
Presented below are selected transactions at Ridge Company for 2019.
Pryce Company owns equipment that cost $65,000 when purchased on January 1, 2019. It ha been depreciated using the straight-line method based on estimated salvage value of $5,000 and an estimated useful life of 5 years.
Most Readed articles
- The Sum of three numbers in G.P. is 35 and their product is 1000. Find the numbers.
- Who are internal users of accounting data? How does accounting provide relevant data to these users?
- What is the monetary unit assumption?
- "A worksheet is a permanent accounting record and its use is required in the accounting cycle." Do you agree? Explain.
- What uses of financial accounting information are made by investors and creditors?
- In a survey conducted of 2,000 clerks in an office it found that 48%preferred coffee (C), 54% liked Tea (T) and 64% used to smoke (S). Of the total 28% used C and T, 32% used T and S, and 30% preferred C and S. Only 6% did not of these. Find
- "The term debit and credit mean increase and decrease, respectively." Do you agree?
- What is the basic accounting equation?
- What is the economic entity assumption?
- Define primary deposit and derivative deposit.