A person receives a total return of Rs. 402 from an investment of Rs. 8001 in two debenture issues of a company. The first one carrying an interest of 6% p.a. was bought for Rs. 100 each and the other one carrying an interest rate of 5% p.a. were bought at Rs. 105 each. Find the sum invested in each type of debentures.
Mr. Roy buys 100 units of the Unit Trust of India at Rs. 10.30 per unit. He purchases another lot of 200 at Rs. 10.40 per unit. At Rs. 10.50 per unit, he takes up another lot of 400 and a further lot of 300 at Rs. 10.80 per unit. He watches as the price goes down and desires to take up as many units at Rs. 10.25 per unit as would make the average cost of his holding to Rs. 10.50 per unit. Assuming that Mr. Roy always buys units in multiples of 100., find the number of units he purchases at the lowest price of Rs. 10.25 per unit.
Most Readed articles
- The Sum of three numbers in G.P. is 35 and their product is 1000. Find the numbers.
- What is the monetary unit assumption?
- Who are internal users of accounting data? How does accounting provide relevant data to these users?
- "A worksheet is a permanent accounting record and its use is required in the accounting cycle." Do you agree? Explain.
- What is the basic accounting equation?
- "The term debit and credit mean increase and decrease, respectively." Do you agree?
- What is the economic entity assumption?
- What uses of financial accounting information are made by investors and creditors?
- In a survey conducted of 2,000 clerks in an office it found that 48%preferred coffee (C), 54% liked Tea (T) and 64% used to smoke (S). Of the total 28% used C and T, 32% used T and S, and 30% preferred C and S. Only 6% did not of these. Find
- Define primary deposit and derivative deposit.