- the number having all the three
- T and S but not C
- only C
Out of the total 150 students who appeared for ICWA Examination from a centre, 45 failed in Accounts, 50 failed in Maths, and 30 in Costing. Those who failed both in Accounts and Maths were 30, those who failed both in Maths and Costing were 32 and those who failed both in Accounts and Costing were 35. The students who failed in all the three subjects were 25. Find out the number who failed at least in any one of the subjects.
A survey of 400 recently qualified Chartered Accountants revealed that 112 joined industry, 120 started practice and 160 joined the firms of practicing chartered accounts as paid assistants. There were 32 who joined service and also did practice; 40 had both practice and assistantship and 20 had both job in industry and assistantshp. There were 12 who did all the three. Indicate how many could not get any of these and how many did only one of these.
(i) In a survey of 100 students it was found that 50 used the college library, 40 had their own and 30 borrowed books, 20 used both college library and their own, 15 borrowed books and used their own books, whereas 10 used borrowed books and college library. Assuming that all students use either college library books or their own or borrowed books. find the number of students using all the three sources.
(ii) If the number of students using no book at all is 10, and the number of students using all the three is 20. Show that the information is inconsistent.
Most Readed articles
- The Sum of three numbers in G.P. is 35 and their product is 1000. Find the numbers.
- What is the monetary unit assumption?
- Who are internal users of accounting data? How does accounting provide relevant data to these users?
- "A worksheet is a permanent accounting record and its use is required in the accounting cycle." Do you agree? Explain.
- What uses of financial accounting information are made by investors and creditors?
- In a survey conducted of 2,000 clerks in an office it found that 48%preferred coffee (C), 54% liked Tea (T) and 64% used to smoke (S). Of the total 28% used C and T, 32% used T and S, and 30% preferred C and S. Only 6% did not of these. Find
- What is the basic accounting equation?
- "The term debit and credit mean increase and decrease, respectively." Do you agree?
- What is the economic entity assumption?
- Define primary deposit and derivative deposit.